Registered Office: Level 5, 3 Pier Street, Perth, WA 6000 Australia
WHAT IS THE ST. MARY'S MUSIC FOUNDATION?
St. Mary’s Music was established in 2016 for the purpose of establishing and developing a centre for musical excellence to enhance the cultural and artistic life of the City of South Perth and the wider community.
WHAT DOES ST. MARY'S MUSIC FOUNDATION DO?
The St. Mary’s Music Foundation:
• Maintains and supports the choirs at St. Mary’s Church
• Aims to establish St. Mary’s as a centre for musical excellence
• Promotes St. Mary’s as a venue offering musical performances of the highest quality
• Establishes St. Mary’s as one of the leading venues for the performance of organ music in Western Australia
• Promotes involvement in music for people of all ages, especially those wishing to be involved in choral music
• Through bursaries and choral and organ scholarships, provides regular performance opportunities for young professional musicians
• Facilitates performance opportunities for professional and amateur musicians in the Perth region of Western Australia
• Aims to provide a permanent endowment fund to support the above activities
• Enables the commissioning of new music
• Established the South Perth Chamber Choir, based at St. Mary’s Church, South Perth
• Acquisition of a Yamaha C5 (Conservatory Series) Grand Piano
• Joint sponsorship with the City of South Perth of a Recital and masterclass by internationally acclaimed organist, Alessandro Pittorino
• Sponsorship of the St. Mary’s Music Composition Competition
We are most grateful for your support of St. Mary’s Music Foundation. Donations of $2.00 or more to St. Mary’s Music Foundation are tax deductible providing the donor does not receive a material benefit deriving from the donation.
Your support can be in the form of a one-off donation or ongoing sponsorship over a period of time.
To make a donation via internet or telephone banking, please make your payment using the following details:
Account: 30008258 (St. Mary’s Music Foundation)
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
The St. Mary’s Music Foundation Music Foundation is an independent trust, established in 2016 which gratefully accepts bequests, donations, grants, and sponsorships from generous individuals and organisations in support of, and with the aim of creating a centre of musical excellence in South Perth promoting involvement in music for people of all ages.
Bursaries and Scholarships
$4,000 p.a. - Covers the annual cost of a bursary for a lay clerk.
$3,000 p.a. - Covers the annual cost of an Organ Scholarship.
Scholarships may be granted in the name of the donor.
We are also pleased to receive donations to help us provide subsidies to not-for-profit groups and students towards the cost of hiring our venue for concerts, rehearsals, or recording sessions.
General donations are also welcome, and will be allocated at the discretion of the Management Committee.